View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2010, 01:06 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
I agree completely. And that's fine with me. I have no intention of making friends. I'm on a cruise for a vacation.

I know they are in a hurry to get us out so they can get ready for the next person I have absolutely no problem with that. It's as it should be.
You know, I am not out to "make friends" either, but I do believe in being polite to the crew and showing appreciation for their hard work. I have heard some people talk to them so badly. (If it had been me serving them, NO amount of tip would have made up for such treatment, although I do wonder if those type people even tip) It seems to me, even in 2010, some people still believe in the "cast system" of the 19th century, and seem to think because they have more money than others, or a better position/job, that they are "better" than those there to serve them.

I do think there is a "happy meduim." Why can't we simply treat the crew on cruise ships politely, as fellow human beings, as at Least I do, to any waiter in a restaurant, or maid or porter in a hotel,etc.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Silhouette November 23, 2014