View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeach View Post
Hello everybody,

I've posted my resume on the official recruitment website of the Royal Caribbean Cruise line.

I've been called for a pre-screening Interview via skype for the post of Guest Services Officer.

I need your help so as to be more prepared for the interview. Do you have any idea on the questions asked during a cruise line pre-screen interview?

Thanks in advance for your help...

I'm very excited to join the RCCL crew onboard, that's my dream job.

Never been on an interview so I don't know for sure but if I were making an educated guess, having been a guest of RCCL several times, they will most likely ask you what qualities you possess that would make you a good Guest Services Officer. I can tell you from what I have seen of them at work that they need an unlimited supply of patience to deal with people with problems,and we all know that people with problems do not always behave at their best- a boundless supply of energy, since you will be working very long hours, and a sense of humor combined with warmth and approachability.
Sometimes people in Customer Service professions are simply not able to give us the answer we want, but the ability to empathize and appear concerned are priceless.
I just had an encounter with someone who was not able to give me what I wanted, but made all the right noises while doing it, so I did feel that he understood my point of view, and we parted on good terms...