Originally Posted by chasm4u
My wife adn I LOVE Dole WHips at Disney but since that is the only place to get them I was wondering if there was a equvilent on a cruise?
Nothing like this on a cruise ship, but it sounds tasty. here is a link to an article with a Almost Dole Whip
Disney Dining: The Dole Whip experience, and where to find one in the Disney theme parks
“Almost Dole Whip” for Home
Fans even try to recreate the Dole Whip experience at home, a close-but-imperfect substitute. (Note: the home version uses dairy.) Of course, the home recipe is just to tide Disney, Dole-Whip-loving guests over until they can get their tongues on the real thing!
• 2 cans (20 oz.) DOLE® crushed pineapple
• 2 tbsp. lemon juice
• 2 tbsp. lime juice
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
• Drain pineapple; reserve 2 tbsp. juice. Set aside.
• Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender. Blend until smooth.
• Pour into two 1-quart freezer zip-locked bags. Store bags, flat, in freezer. Freeze 1 1/2 hours or until slushy.
• In large bowl, gently stir pineapple slush into whipped cream until slightly blended.
• Return to freezer until completely frozen (about 1 – 2 hours). Serve.