Thread: Here I go then!
View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthed0g
I suppose he means they should enforce the rules that most agree with, but relax those that most don't worry about too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Chafkin1 View Post
Wasn't that how Enron, Bernard Madoff, and all those Wall Street Banker types got the USA into the mess it is in today?
No, Madoff created a ponzo scheme and promised investors money that he couldn't produce. Enron cooked their books in order to make the companies look more profitable then it was. Both cases involved fraud then broke the Federal law and lost hard working people their retirement savings. The above post refers to ship board policies.

BTW I'm not sure who all the Wall Street Banker types are. It's my understanding that the US legislator removed regulations regarding money lending. People then bought homes they could not afford with no money down and a 110% financing with an adjustable rate. The house values decreased and people lost their jobs they could no longer afford the oversized house payments on a home in which they owned no equity. So they abandoned the homes to foreclose causing many of these Wall Street Banker type to lose the jobs. But maybe I missed the article were we blame everything on the evil corporations and never take personally responsibly for are own actions. None of this has anything to do with the original post which I found funny, but since we are going here I figured why not go all the way.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994