View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by misguidedangel View Post
Yes, the deck plans on Carnival.com do not show which rooms are accessible, only that it is a Cat 11 suite (OS).

They are nice and the extra storage space and the extra large balcony are great. The Cat 12 (GS) are equivalent to two cabins and they balconies, well at least on the Splendor, it had two chairs and a chaise lounger......

Note to Carnival: update your plans on your website so people know which cabins are accessible....the brochures probably have better info on deck plans!

You will enjoy the Freedom, I did the six day route...
Hi Misguidedangel Carnival does supply deck plans that list the assessable cabins. However, I agree with you they should be listed on the normal deck plans. The link I posted was for the Conquest class ships and shows on the deck plans all the assessable cabins on the ships.

Special Requirements | Guests With Disabilities |Carnival Cruise Lines
This link has deck plans with assessable cabins for all Carnival ships. You just click the ship you want it will bring up the deck plans with the assessable cabins filled in blue. What I like about these deck plans is they also mark blue dashes to show the routes on the ship that are wheel chair assessable. The PDFs are all ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act). ADA is a US Federal law. I think maybe they put this information is the special requirements section of the website so normal cruisers won't book these cabins just to have the large cabin. That would be extremely tacky, like parking in a handicap park space without the placard.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994