View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wando View Post
I checked the final payment date for my RCL cruise next April (13 nights) is 70 days (final payment due Feb 19, 2011; Cruise April 30). Note: this cruise shouldn't be impacted as it was booked in Jan 2010. I always thought it was either 70 or 75 days unless it was a Christmas holiday cruise and then final payment was 90 days.

So if the price isn't guaranteed once you pay the deposit for final payment, then I assume to be sure to have that price quoted when you placed your deposit you will have pay the final payment at 90 days or earlier rather than the actual final payment date.

I can see locking the price down after final payment, but keep that price what it was when the deposit was placed or change the final payment date to 90 days prior for all cruises. I'm hoping all this is just poor communication on the part of RCL.
I'm sure Paul did not mean that. It makes no sense to book a cruise today at $1000 then pay in off in 6 months and have to pay $1,500 because that is the current price.

Just completed - Celebrity Reflection, Nov. 22 (learning to sail solo) followed by Independence of the Seas Nov. 30.

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
Windstar
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.