View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2010, 11:12 PM
Familiar Face

Hi everyone,

I must admit I was remiss by not replying after you all posted such helpful replies nearly three years ago. I have settled on the EO position. I recently cruised again as a passenger and was encouraged to consider the EO job by a crewmember when he heard what my major was in college. Since my last post, I have completed 2 of 4 years in a BS in Environmental Engineering program at a top 5 program in the US that has a reputation for producing hard-working graduates. I am hoping this well help to dispel some of the lazy American stereotypes. I also had the opportunity to intern at an a marine oil spill response tech facility, which I am hoping will somewhat make up for my lack of sea experience.

The point behind my post is to see if anyone has any other advice or new information that might be relevant. I think I am doing all I can, short of being in a marine academy, to make this dream come true. But if any of you can think of other things I should be doing, please let me know.

I also heard about a new cadet program RCI is running specifically to train EOs. Do any of you know about this? Would it be open to people at technical colleges instead of marine colleges?

Thanks again.