View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2010, 06:27 PM
Admiral

TGIFriday,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
I am fairly new to cruising this is only 2nd one coming up. I feel that dressing up is just as comfortable as wearing a tight pair of jeans. My husband is the type that personally does not like a suit (but will tolerate it for weddings, graduations, and funerals). I am trying to get him to come around, but after this many years, it still is not working. He is simple, and humble, and never wants to look better than anyone else. That being said, with the high cost of checked luggage, a suit or sport coat is a lot of space or weight in the suitcase, but then I overpack my own clothes and shoes since I am the opposite of him. Apparently opposites do attract. If he would take that sport coat I would gladly give up some of my space in the suitcase.
If bringing the suit is the issue, your husband can use the cruise line's tuxedo rental service. Just submit his sizes or measurements in advance, and the whole outfit will appear in your cabin on embarkation day. When you vacate your cabin on the last day, you just leave it in the cabin for the ship's staff to collect.

Norm.