View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Beginner

Thumbs up NCL Epic Sounds Good for Singles

Paul Motter is onboard the NCL Epic right now, the first cruise ship to offer rooms and rates designed for single travelers. He says all the single cabins are clustered together and there is a community/lounge area where they can congregate throughout the cruise.

Here is his exact quote:

"The beauty of these staterooms is that they are all located on a shared corridor where only the studio occupants have access. They even have one common "rumpus room" area, the Studio Lounge, where all the Studio Stateroom single denizens can meet and mingle on an impromptu basis any time during the day or night."

He actually made it sound so good (he's still on the cruise so I'm sure there will be more to come if you follow his articles) but I thought, wow if I wasn't married, that doesn't sound like the worst way to meet someone. I mean, could it really be worse than going to a bar or club? And I personally have always favored meeting someone in person to meeting them online, so I'd say it trumps that too.

Ignore the naysayers and go for it! What's the worst thing that could happen? If you don't meet anyone interesting, you'll be traveling to new places, getting away from familiar reminders of the past, and where else than the middle of the ocean could be better for reconnecting with yourself and recognizing what you want out of your next relationship (or the next phase of your life). Bring a few good books, your iPod and an openness to accepting whatever happens as a positive.

Keep us posted, please!