View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
Yes, I have known Doug for bout 10 years now and I am happy to say he seems to enjoy my company, which is flattering. He suggested we dine together and also hang out until he went to bed.

I like Doug a lot, he is extremely knowlegable and always gives me insights into different ships and especially cultures (foreigners on ships). He said the entertainment he has seen was very good, including Cirque ands Fat Cats, and he enjoyed his lamb shank dinner a lot (surprisingly good).

We both agreed lamb shank is always a gamble because it can either be very good or not good at all - there is no in between. He prefers his dark bitter beers to be served "not too cold."

MOre later.
I have the utmost respect for Mr. Ward. When I was growing up and beginning my sailing career in the mid 80's, his publication was the Bible to me. Since there were not the resources we have now (i.e. Internet), I'd scour anything I could get my hands on such as his book, Cruise Travel, etc.

Hopefully one day I will have the privilege to meet Mr. Ward and extend my appreciation personally.