View Single Post
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

The corner of the sofa nearest the sofa is vaguely turned towards the bed, but it is still too far against the opposing wall for practical viewing of the television placed across from the center of the bed. Strangely, the television mounts are also not made so one can change the viewing angle. You must be on the bed to watch television.

Now, with the bed reaching all of the way across the room and the couch curved around the protruding portion of the S-curve wall there is hardly any way for two people to pass each other in the stateroom without one of them having to get out of the way of the other. In other words, with the limited passing room end and to end as well as the ability of sound and other sensory stimulae to escape from the private facilities, perhaps instead of "New Wave" Staterooms, these should have been dubbed the "excuse me" staterooms.

Joking aside, these are cool staterooms in terms of look and I actually applaud the effort made by NCL to do something completely different. Personally, I don't think most married couples and close families will have a problem with these facilities, but there will be some people who will find them vexing. For those people I recommend the studio staterooms like the one I am staying in. Strangely, although this room is being sold to singles with no supplement fee, it has a fully private toilet, in a separate room that is completely airtight and soundproof. Furthermore, if you book two Studio Staterooms you can make them connect and have a fairly large common area and separate bathroom facilities (airtight) for each occupant.

] Below are the mockups for the F3 cabins: NOTE THAT THESE ARE WIDE-ANGLE LENS - THE ROOMS ARE NOT AS WIDE AS THREY APPPEAR.
Click on the pictures for the full versions.
NCLs New F3 Balcony Cabin 1 NCLs New F3 Balcony Cabin 2

NCLs New F3 Deluxe Balcony Cabin 1 NCLs New F3 Deluxe Balcony Cabin 2

NCLs New F3 Inside Cabin 1 NCLs New F3 Inside Cabin 2