View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiceAroundTheBlock View Post
We were on the Liberty 2 weeks ago and within 5 minutes of going to our cabins we knew there might be a problem for the next week. You see, some heavy smoker (like a freight train) was just a couple of doors up from my daughters' family's stateroom and mine/oldest granddaughter's room was directly across from hers.

He'd hang halfway out his door smoking away and making the hallway stink with cigarette smell which would drift into our rooms. My daughter mentioned to him that she didn't think there was smoking allowed in the hallway. He replied, "Ok, then I'll just step back in here!", smoking away with his door open.....and the smell continued to reek into anyone's cabin who was near his whenever they opened their door. Nothing could be done because he apparently was smoking in his cabin as was allowed, even if he was inconsiderate to leave his door open while puffing away.

One night the hall reeked of pot......hmmmmmm, wonder where THAT was coming from?
These are the kinds of incidents that will eventually lead Carnival to follow RCCL and the other cruise lines and stop smoking in the cabins.

Smokers will yell and threaten and thrash about....

but sadly, smokers will have no one but themselves to blame.....

Personally, I think all smoking inside the ship and on balconies on cruise ships should only be allowed if the individual is using this product....

Electronic Cigarette by blu E Cigarette - Home

seems the perfect solution.....smokers can smoke where ever they want and no one else is affected.

Btw, I have to say I am a little tired of the perfume argument. Yes, there will be the rare person that "triggers" on a scent...but let's be honest...perfume does not contain 3,000 toxins ... most of which cause cancer. Personally, I think perfume should only be strong enough to be noticed when someone is close enough to make it "interesting".

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND