View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default You Can’t Review A Ship From Just a Sneak Peek

After writing yesterday’s posting regarding “new ship glitches” I thought I should point out that I am not reviewing this ship. I think it’s impossible, and totally unfair to even attempt a real “review” of a ship from the experiences of a short 3 or 4 night sneak peek sailing.

I know some reviewers think they are experienced enough cruisers that they can draw on their experience to “fill in the blanks” to write a complete review. I just don’t see how a review of these short inaugural introductory cruises can possibly reflect accurately what prospective future cruisers on the ship will experience on later sailings.

Reviews written on these types of sailings supply are about as reliable as when a Travel Agent tells you they know a ship because they had lunch and a tour of it.

Sure, the physical design and plant can be accurately described, and doesn’t change, but most certainly the experience most often does. As the few negative glitches I described last night; I assume will be but a distant memory very shortly. As, with my cabin air-conditioning, which is working perfectly this morning.

Last night was my first late night on the ship. It wasn’t until after 2 A.M. that I returned to my cabin. Little did I know I was going to be shocked into consciousness this morning at 8:30 A.M., with a call to do the mandatory life boat drill.

I knew the ship wasn’t due in Dubrovnik until 10 A.M., and assumed I could just sleep late since I didn’t have a tour booked until the afternoon. That will teach me to read the ship’s daily!!! UGH. I definitely am in the look like a wash rag state.

I did give it a good try to go right back to sleep after the life boat drill, but of course that wasn’t going to happen.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/