Thread: Round trip?'s
View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehoss View Post
Thanks all. Still planning. Considering HAL or Princess.

Quote, "Just a word of caution, becareful when booking a Panama Cruise, the cruise lines are very good at poorly wording exactly what their ship will do in Panama. I have seen many, many, very confused people (based on their posts)exactly what their ship will do in Panama"

Except for going though the canal, what should I expect our ship to do?

Will do full transit I think.

We do not need to get off the ship anywhere we have to worry about or are not wanted. Not scared but smart enough to know I've done my fighting for my lifetime.

Thanks again all, Robert
My caution note was based on reading many posts where people were confused by the following names/terms and sometimes the wording in the brochures:

1. What is "full" vs. "partial" transit?
2. Where is Colon 2000, or what is Colon 2000?
3. Cristobal always has folks confused (now...maybe; had)

If you decide on a full transit, there is usually less confusion since you will embark in one ocean and disembark in another ocean. However, even with a full transit the wording used by cruise lines concerning land tours can be confusing to many. For example, an often seen question: Where does the ship stop to disembark & reembark passengers that have land tours?

Another example was a wording about a specific Princess cruise that was discussed (and cussed) over on CruiseCritc, after many posts, we all came to the conclusion (many of us repeat Panama visitors) that we could not figureout what Princess was talking about in their brochure.
05/89 NCL, Seaward, 1990 Carnival, Topicale, 1991 Carnival, Festivale, 11/93 Wind Star, Wind Song, 01/95 Celebrity, Horizon, 01/96 Celebrity, Century, 01/00 Celebrity, Zenith, 01/01 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/02 Princess, Ocean Princess, 01/03 Celebrity, Summit, 05/04 Princess, Diamond, 01/05 Celebrity, Galaxy, 01/07 Oceania, Regatta, 01/08 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 02/09 RCCL, Voyager of the Seas, 01/10 Celebrity, Solstice