View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger9708 View Post
Ok so we have been booked at Disney's Ft Wilderness Lodge for the past 9 months. Now i am thinking of going on the Fantasy for August 14 out of Charleston. I have two kids ages 6 & 8. Will the girls have as good a time on the ship as they would at Disney. I am very torn on what to do and have to make a decision. I cant afford the Disney cruise so that is out. Should we go for something different and try the cruise????
You asked for opinions so here mine is. Your children will enjoy Disney (even though they went last year) at a wonderful child like level at this age. I am sure you saw this last year in them. Cruising is fun at all ages, but something that they may enjoy a little more in 2 or so years. You also have the free dining at Disney which makes it so much more affordable. I would go to Disney this year and look at a cruise in 2 or so years. Unless you could somehow squeeze a quick 3 or 4 night Disney cruise in. I haven't been yet, but would love to take my little on on a Disney cruise!

As an FYI ... last year my wife and I took a quick CHEAP 3 night cruise to have time as a couple and we took the little one to Disney for a week. If you can afford this that would be my real opinion!

Please let us know what you decided and why. Thanks!

Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas 12/4/2009 Bahamas
Carnival Valor 3/9/2008 Eastern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas 6/24/2006 Western Mediterranean
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas 5/29/2006
Carnival Conquest 6/20/2004 Western Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas 12/20/2002 Bahamas