View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Admiral

snowman1940,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
Had a bad experience with Celebrity.
My wife and I were on the Constellation's June 9th Baltic sailing. We were late embarking in Amsterdam because the crew were trying to do a quick clean up after a norovirus outbreak on May Baltic sailing. This was a mistake because we had another outbreak on our cruise in which many were sick. My wife and I were sick for half of the 12 night cruise.
I'm sorry to hear that you were ill, but that could happen on any sailing on any line. Celebrity actually has had a far lower frequency of Norovirus than many other lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I was also not at all impressed with the entertainment and food. It had to be the worst in all of the 16 cruises we have been on.
Do you suppose that being ill for half of the cruise might have affected your ability to enjoy the food and the entertainment?

[qupte=You]When we returned home, Celebrity is very unwilling to offer proper compensation. All they are offering is 48 hrs toward a future cruise which is a standard form letter.[/QUOTE]

What compensation do you expect, and on what basis? You received the cruise for which you paid, didn't you?

Do you really believe that any major other cruise line would have given you anything more than what Celebrity offered you?

Norm.