View Single Post
Old July 17th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
Friends of ours many years ago were on a cruise .They were exploring an island on their own ,realized the ship was leaving shortly .They flagged down a motorist and asked to be taken to the dock offering to pay him a rather large sum of money .He instead took. them to a desolate area and robbed them .
I don't mean to pick on your friends. But would they ever have done that in the USA/Canada? It's funny some people on vacation take risks they would never take in there own country. I lived in a bad area of town for 7 years and I have been robbed at gun point at my former place of employment. Maybe these experience make me more cautious. But I would never go up to a complete strange with a large amount of cash showing and ask for a ride.

My dad was in San Francisco and a homeless person was asking for money he pulled out a wad of bills. We yelled at him later for flashing money around doing that is super dangerous. So I guess I would add this to the list. Always keep a small amount in a different place then the rest of your money that way it never looks like you have a lot of cash.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994