View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Familiar Face

Default How easy to check smoking policy for cruise lines

I got curious as to what the smoking policy for Disney was so I went and checked. All I had to do was go to FAQs under Health and Safety. The reason I got curious is because the individual stated that the husband's parent had been cruising Disney for a couple of years and wanted them to join in the experience. Also if the grandparents were aware of how severe the grandchild's reaction was to smoke I guess I am surprised that the grandparents did not mention that there were places on the ship where people could smoke. The other thing is if the child's reaction is so severe I was surprise that the parents did not do some research prior to booking a cruise. All it would take is a quick check of the web site of the cruise line or one quick toll free phone call to the cruise line. I hope the family finds a vacation that fits for them.

Question
Where can I smoke on board?
Answer
Disney Cruise Line has never allowed smoking in Guest staterooms. In addition, smoking is prohibited in all interior spaces throughout our ships. However, private verandahs and starboard-side open-air decks 9 and 10 have been designated as smoking areas in an effort to provide a cruise experience that satisfies both our non-smoking and smoking Guests. Between the hours of 6 p.m. and 6 a.m., smoking is also allowed on the starboard-side of Deck 4. The remaining hours are dedicated to those wishing to jog or walk along the Promenade.