View Single Post
Old July 30th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDee View Post
Maasdam is one of the few HAL ships we have not been on so can't comment about her condition.

However here are a few comments from another board, that may put your mind at ease.

"I just got off the ship July 3. It's a gracious and elegant lady, with a wonderful crew. She will be going into drydock next April, so there will be a few things you might notice should be taken care of -- but even then, it's a wonderful place to spend a week or two. I'm already booked for next year's 14-day cruise."

"We were on the Maasdam June 26-July 3. We thought she was a great ship to sail on. The crew was wonderful. The ship is easy to get around if you remember 7 doesn't go all the way through. The food was better than the Oosterdam or the Westerdam. There were a few rust spots on the balcony, but it's a ship after all. They were painting in every port. My only complaint was the pillows. They had seen better days and needed to be replaced."

Sail7Seas has been on the Maasdam many, many times so maybe she will see your post and comment.
Thanks for that, DeeDee

We have been on the Maasdam twice and had a lovely time, but that was back in 2005 and 2007