View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2010, 07:38 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to profln71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermuda Triangle View Post
Just heard from friends of their "worst cruise ever"

Ship was dirty, air conditioning failed in large areas of the ship, and food was not good

Has anyone else received such a report, as we were hoping to go on the Maasdam for its last trip in Canada-New England and repositioning south

Thanks
Hi Bermuda Triangle , I hope you can select a fine location for your stateroom IF you decide to embark on the MS Maasdam's Canada-New England cruise ! I was not able to preselect my stateroom with V.-to-Go's reservation . They told me I would receive that information at HAL's registration desk at the pier on embarcation day . I hope you will also get used to the dead end area of the front desk on deck 7 , even though certain passengers claim that they don't mind using the elevators or stairs to move away from the front desk ! Do try to get to the Dining Room for the Embarkation Lunch instead of the hustle & bustle of the Lido ! Also , even though it is a smaller ship than their Vista class ships , a careful study of the deck plans are in order . You should carry the fold-out deck plan map that is included with your stateroom key-card . If you don't mind the aroma of paint or varnish in certain areas , then you should do OK .I hope my comments won't discourage you from having an enjoyable cruise ! Lane