View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie Startk View Post
I don't pay $2.49 a minute I pay what my carrier charges. I don't care what other people think of me talking on the phone. Quite frankly it's none of their concern what I pay or who I talk to. Now if I'm bothering them, maybe talking too loud then just say something but what I pay and how much I pay is my concern, I have no idea why anyone else would care.

What is this jealously? BTW $2.49 is about 5 times the price I pay, even less at ports, so not sure where you got that amount. On many cruises the bulk of US or lets say Caribbean cruises 95% of people wouldn't even get reception unless they know what to do to talk. Also it depends on where you are, unless south of Florida or north of the US what extra charges??????????????????????????????????????
Melanie,

I agree that as long as you aren't disturbing someone it's no one's business how much someone uses their cell phone.

The $2.49/minute is the rate for Verizon, AT&T, Sprint. T-Mobile is $4.99/minute.

You can confirm these rates by looking at cell providers web sites.

I have never heard of any plan that allows you to make calls from a cruise ship, while at sea, for 1/5 of the $2.49 charge. If there is then cruise passengers would flock to it.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me