View Single Post
Old August 4th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlily777 View Post
I read reports from Celebrity cruisers very carefully, and I disagree that Celebrity will be going to a smart casual dress code for all nights anytime soon.

Although there are fewer tuxes then there were four or five years ago, most reviews state that MOST men are in suits.

One recent report that keeps getting repeated and repeated is one by someone who actually dined in Blu, who stated that there were less suits than usual. Blu is a specialty restaurant, and the dress code in all Celebrity specialty restaurants is Smart Casual and Above every night. So that person was not reporting on the Main Dining Room, which is at the opposite end of the ship from the specialty restaurants. She may have seen a lower incidence of suits and tuxes in the specialty restaurants.

Most reviews and reports seem to indicate that the majority of men in the MDR are wearing suits.
I have to point out the following two FAQ questions on Specialty restaurants which are absolutely contradictory.

FAQ Answers

FAQ Answers

I would also disagree with the comments about the suits, I have seen more and more posts about men wearing sport jackets. This isn't even taking into account those that aren't doing formal night at all. This seems to be more of a trend on European cruises due to perceived weight problems with luggage.