Thread: Cell Phone
View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettnut View Post
I have heard that cell phone usage requires payment to use the ships cell phone signal. Does anyone have the scoop on using them?
If you have AT&T, Verizon or Sprint you will be charged $2.95/minute for cell phone usage while the ship is at sea. T-Mobile is $4.99/minute. This is the carriers charge and not the ship's. The charges will appear on your cell phone bill.

Depending on your plan using the phone in ports will probably be less per minute.

If you do wish to use your phone during your cruise, either on the ship or in ports, make sure you have International Roaming. Your carrier can add this feature to your plan. Most carriers do not charge for this feature but charge the per-minute charge for International usage.

Also shut off data. This will really run up your bill if you receive email or browse on the ship.

The best thing is to shut the phone off and only turn it on if you need to make a call.

Take care and enjoy your cruise.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me