View Single Post
  #12 (permalink)  
Old August 10th, 2010, 11:01 AM
Mike M's Avatar
Mike M Mike M is offline
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: You're Looking At Me
Posts: 24,361

If it is a "closed-loop" cruise you do not need a passport. A closed-loop cruise is one that stops in North America (Canada, Mexico and The Caribbean) and returns to the same port it started.

Most round-trip cruises out of Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Tampa, New Orleans or Galveston are these types of cruises.

With a closed-loop cruise you will need an original or government issued copy of your birth certificate and a government issued picture ID (drivers license).

Having told you the requirement I still advocate that you get a passport. If, for some reason, you need to fly home from the Caribbean you need a passport. The birth certificate and drivers license are only good for sea travel. The passport also allows you to travel wherever you like.

Take care,
Cruisemates Community Leader/Moderator

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Reply With Quote