Thread: sea sick
View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Captain

I agree, Midship is best for less motion.

I also agree that it is best to use any anti-nausea med as a preventive. In other words, take it before you get sick and "just in case" you might get sick.

I have tried the prescription patches and Dramamine. Personally I have had the best experience with the "less drowsy" Dramamine that is good for up to 24 hours. Usually take one the night before I sail and one at dinner time each night.. If it tends to make me a little sleepy, it will kick it about bedtime. On very smooth cruises, I have been able to skip the Dramamine for a day or two during the cruise, but I still take it up front until I see how smooth the sailing is.

I have heard others on cruises say that they had good results "after getting sick" by putting on the wrist bands they purchased on board.

Ginger is a natural cure for nausea but I have never heard of the "green apple" cure. Sounds interesting. I wonder if there is a ginger tablet available. A friend who has a lot of nausea as a side-effect of her altzhiemer meds needs something "natural" to help with nausea.
2005 Holiday, Sensation, Conquest,
2006 Conquest, Celebration, Holiday,
2007 Freedom Grand Med, Holiday
2008 Fantasy & Sensation,
2009 Fantasy, Holiday & Dream Grand Med
2010 Fantasy and B2B Elation
2011 Monarch of the Seas
2012 Booked - Breeze from Barcelona 12 days