View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2010, 04:10 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
Tim,
In this case, most of their earnings are from tips, their salary isn't enough to earn a living. Just because I didn't see the cabin attendant doesn't mean that you don't tip them. They always leave a card with a number to get a hold of them, if there is something you need done, etc.

Some of the major cruise lines have them automatically taken from your sign/sail account, to assure they get the tips earned. I do say earned, because I believe they work long hard hours to make our cruise vacation a good one.
I understand that everyone on a cruise ship works hard for their money! I just wish they wouldn't call them tips. Just add the extra into the fare and say that there is no need to tip. Everyone deserves to earn a living wage, just because one is in the service industry doesn't make it that they don't.

Happy sailings
Tim

p.s. I have never taken away the gratuity from my sail and sign and do normally give extra to those who give super service.

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14