View Single Post
Old August 21st, 2010, 09:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Oreodog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm565 View Post
hi all,

my wife and i are planning our first family cruise. I have been on one before (not disney) but it has been years, almost 20! Anyway, we are looking at june 2011 on the disney dream.

My question is this, are there any hidden fees like you hear about with disney? Also the concierge, is this worth the money and if so what all is included with it. Any advice is welcome

thanks!
hello,
congrats on your choice to do the disney dream. We also will be on it april 2011 as a family of 5. Grandpa and grandma, son, daughter in law and lil 6 yr. Old grandaughter. We are treating them all.

We sailed in 2007 on the wonder with other grandkids and again i say......noone does it like disney!

We were a bit more generous to the man who tened our cabin cleaning. They work hard and deserve a bit more for picking up after us. Stayed with the amount to waiters but not the head fella of dining room.........we found he really did nothing!

We found no hidden costs. If you buy alcohol then it's x-tra. Any pictures taken onboard can be bought. That is x-tra but i would not expect that to be a freebe so i buy the big photo package in advance.

Your going to love it. All food andd non alcoholic beverages included. Of course if you shop in the gift shop that is x-tra. Parking in the garage at port canaveral is x-tra but expected. Anything in the refrig. In the cabin is x-tra so be aware. There is so much to eat onboard we did not need to take from the refrig.

Happy sailing