View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:17 AM
First Mate

Default Holiday Insurance: Air Ambulance- Corfu Greece to UK

Got this sad story off the UK boards for a couple on their honeymoon who did not buy Insurance as they thought their European Health Insurance Cards (EHIC) covered them.
Carrie Dudbridge fractured her spine in three places and her husband had to find 16,000 GBP (about $25,000 US) for an Air Ambulance from Corfu Greece back to the UK.

Holiday Insurance - Cruises.co.uk - SHOWTHREAD
My thoughts to the story,
I really think anybody selling Travel plans to people take that precious minute to offer Travel Insurance and explain why it is important as to where they are going.

Even in Canada though I might be covered and treated in different provinces for Hospital treatment my costs for non medical services including Air Ambulance or even regular Ambulance is not covered when I'm outside my domicile.
Thus it is wise to purchase medical travel insurance even if I drive across Canada.

I hope the young lady's spine and health recovers and the couple are able to pay the woman from the Island back. A nice gesture to those in need but the financial part could have been avoided.

All the best
Web site: http://robbarcruises.wordpress.com/
Sponsored Links