View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicguy View Post
Thanks everyone for your kind responses. And yes, being the "lead" in planning a family cruise is more like a game of stick in the eye as opposed to a game of stick ball.

At the very least, I would expect the Carnival representative to tell me that early saver discounts expire less than 24 hours from now. I think that's a pretty important fact and would think it would be fairly important to disclose it.

If I'm reading you correctly, the FREEDOM cruise still qualifies for "early saver" since it leaves 4 months from tomorrow (12/26) correct?

Lastly, anyone book a full suite before? Best cabin I've had was on RCL Liberty of the Seas (balcony). Is a suite that much bigger/better? Advantages?

Thanks again!
That is a bummer what happened. Sounds like the first rep screwed up and quote you a price that wasn't valid. This is direct from carnival's website. The Freedom cruise is over 5 days long and less then 5 months out so the Early Saver rate is not available. Sorry, Mike gave you some good advice. I don't know you could request a 24 hour courtesy hold. That is good to know.

Carnival Early Saver Program | Cruise Deal | Carnival Cruise Lines
*Early Saver: Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person, based on double occupancy, capacity controlled and subject to change at any time without prior notice. Government taxes and fees are up to $145.85 additional per person. A non-refundable and non-transferable deposit is required at the time of booking for all guests to secure confirmed accommodations. Fares are backed by a unique price protection policy. Full names are required for each guest. Offer is valid for new bookings only and is not combinable with any other discounted or promotional offer. Available on sailings 3 months prior to sail date for short cruises (5 days or less) and available on sailings 5 months prior to sail date for long cruises (6 days or longer). Savings are based on Fun Select rates and vary by sailings. Category restrictions and exclusions apply. No name changes are allowed. A $50 service fee will be assessed per person for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to the final payment due date. Cancellation penalties apply. Request Early Saver. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas & Panama.

Price Protection: Price protection applies to new Early Saver bookings only and requires payment of a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit. Applies to cruise fare only. Applies only to a Carnival.com or Carnival advertised fare available to the general public and excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates. To submit a Price Protection claim, visit carnival.com/earlysaver. When submitting a rate lock request, you must provide the lower rate amount and where the rate can be found. Requests will be accepted up to two business days prior to sailing. Lower rate must be: (i) for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; (ii) are a Carnival advertised rate (iii) is available for booking at the time the request is reviewed by Carnival's reservation agents. Verified rate difference is issued as an on-board credit. The on-board credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit will be forfeited. Rate lock is not combinable with other promotions. Price protection will be subject to the prevailing fees and/or fuel supplement if applicable. Program subject to change at any time without prior notice.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994