Our first cruise was so long ago and there have been so many since then! It was in 1981 on Pacquet Cruise Lines Dolphin. What I remember (in no particular order)......
1. How big the ship was! It was just over 500 ft in length! I thought it was huge. :-D
2. I thought our cabin steward had a way of knowing when we entered and left our cabin, because it was always straightened and towels replaced, immediately!
3. Twin beds that could not be pushed together.
4. The exquisite cuisine in the MDR and complementary red and white wine in the evening.
5. Getting up early one morning, and watching the sunrise, with just my DH and I on the deck.
This was a 5 day cruise and it was $500 pp, including airfare Houston to Miami.