View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Default Some serious Cruising Misconceptions

So I am reading an article by Gene Sloan of the USA Today on his Cruise Log about a tourist board in Southern Belize that expressed their desire to not have their area developed into a cruise stop. While I can respect their desires, what really bothered me where the comments left by readers about the article.

It seemed there were some real cruise haters hanging out and leaving comments. One reader called cruise ships "The cancers of the open seas", and another called the cruise lines the "exploiters of Alaska." Many of the comments were markedly anti-cruise, and filled with many misconceptions, like cruiselines dump raw sewege next to coastlines, they ruin every port or country they touch, and every local tour operator is ruined and exploited.

If they hate cruising that much, why do they hang out and comment on a Pro-cruising cruise log? I really don't understand the hatred some people have towards cruising. If you don't like it, don't cruise. Where does the hatred come from? I just really don't understand it.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Sponsored Links