Originally Posted by ready2gonow
Our first cruise was so long ago and there have been so many since then! It was in 1981 on Pacquet Cruise Lines Dolphin. What I remember (in no particular order)......
1. How big the ship was! It was just over 500 ft in length! I thought it was huge. :-D
2. I thought our cabin steward had a way of knowing when we entered and left our cabin, because it was always straightened and towels replaced, immediately!
3. Twin beds that could not be pushed together.
4. The exquisite cuisine in the MDR and complementary red and white wine in the evening.
5. Getting up early one morning, and watching the sunrise, with just my DH and I on the deck.
This was a 5 day cruise and it was $500 pp, including airfare Houston to Miami.
What. . .twin beds that would make into a queen. Ah, that had to be not so fun. Well it was a long time back and maybe they had not thought about this trick. Don't you wish you could do another 5 day for $500 pp with air. Well, you have Galveston now and some great cruise bargains. Thanks for the memories.
Our room on the Fantasy out of New Orleans. . .the bed did join. . .helps the marriage
All our Fantasy Photos