View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2010, 09:48 AM
Familiar Face

All....just spoke to one of the "Sales Managers" at CCL. I guess my posts, and my email to CCL got some attention.

Not that any of this should matter to CCL's customers, but apparently there are "in-bound" and "out-bound" sales people with Carnival. It sounds really confusing the way it was explained, and while I appreciated the attempt to explain the communications issues, it really doesn't matter.

I guess the inbound calls are handled by one set of people within Carnival. From my understanding, they try to "close" you on that first call to book a cruise. Then, there are the outbound sales people, who respond to requests made on the WEB site and to those who ask for a CCL rep to call them.

Now, it's clearer how communication can get crossed up, and how one person with inbound doesn't know what the other person in outbound is telling the customer.

The sales manager said I got caught in the middle of that. I mentioned to him having a written email thread to sho0 would be helpful....put a time limit on how long the email quote is good for. That would have alleviated the confusion.
-2007 RCCL Liberty of the Seas-Caribbean
-2010-2011 Carnival Freedom New Years cruise-Caribbean, NCL Epic
-2011-Celebrity Solstice
-2012RCCL Allure of the Seas
-2013-NCL Breakaway and CCL Breeze