View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2010, 01:36 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sistagoldenhair View Post
I'm just back from the Triumph visiting Progreso and Cozumel. Mexico is as beautiful as I remember, and I'm happy to report no drama!!!

The people in Progreso seemed relaxed and hocking their stuff like always. I had some great loaded Nachos and of course a frozen Marg to wash them down - fab food. And the beach was beautiful and busy!!

Its good to be informed - but I think I let the media hype get to me this time.

I'm going back to Cozumel in December and I won't be staying on the ship, but I plan to shop for bargins.
We (and lots more) survived THAT cruise and Cozumel. And how 'bout that game Thursday night! Who Dat!

Our pictures:
Carnival Triumph - Sept 6, 2010 - Sept 11, 2010

It is sad that the US media seems more interested in selling advertising than in reporting all the news - good and bad. Beware of alarmists, or not. Personally, I choose to live my life - time is limited and one never knows. In this country or others, everyone needs to be aware of their surroundings.

NYE in many US cities is a crap shoot at best. It is not unusual for innocent people to be injured or worse from falling bullets. In more that one city in the US I know that police are told to be parked under an overpass at Midnight - not only because of "accidents" but because they may be targets.

As for "drug lords" and "drug cartels" - if America was not addicted to drugs, there would be very few, if any, in Mexico. One cannot separate the drug addiction in the US with the violence in Mexico.

Carnival Diamond Facebook Page Here (for people with 200+ sea days with Carnival)

NEXT: Carnival Sunshine, Aug 29, 2015

Carnival Diamond
Princess Platinum
and more...