View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannp View Post
Just because you are staying in a Grill cabin doesn't make you any better than a non-Grill passenger. I witnessed this kind of behaviour in the Priority check-in line last year at Southampton. Although I was a Britannia-grade passenger with my Platinum status I check in with the Diamond status and Grills passengers. While waiting for an agent to become available "Queen's Grill" passengers announced we are Grill and pushed ahead of me and strode to the available agent before the Cunard rep and I could blink. The rep apologized profusely and I said it didn't matter and muttered "Just because you are Grill doesn't make you any better". The rep did not say a word but she gave me a big smile.

The thing I find interesting was that when they were allowed to stay on board, Bernie Warner took away their alcohol. To me that implies that this might be an alcohol-fueled problem.
Linda
I would bet that most Grill passengers would agree with you. I have had the good luck to travel twice on the QM 2, once in Princess Grill and the other in Queens Grill. The vast majority of those I met in the Grills were very nice and not arrogant. There have been a few quirky passengers that were a bit full of themselves, but they were truly few in number.