View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

You've heard the story of David & Tiffany Hartley who were jet skiing on Falcon lake last week when attacked and he was shot by suspected drug dealers. Finally the Mexican Gov't decided to believe or at least investigate the situation from their side of the border. One day after appointing an investigator, his head was delivered to the military in a suitcase. ONE DAY! I'm not seeing much press about this and it just happened. Six were murdered just a few block from my barber in Cozumel last year so it does happen in tourist areas.

CNN report

I go to Mexico a lot, but to say that it is completely safe for tourists would be not be true. There is a risk, it's up to each person to determine that risk for themselves.

BTW--The drug cartels can reach anyone anywhere in Mexico.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.