View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Admiral

Kathy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
What kind of clothing should I pack for a cruise, going of of Charleston, in mid-November. We're going to the Bahamas. Should I pack slacks, shorts, sweaters, or a little of each? I don't want to over pack.
The weather in the Bahamas is pretty similar to that of the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area. You can expect daytime temperatures in the 70's or 80's most of the time, but the area does get cooler weather now and then so you need to be prepared for it. Every once in a while, this area does get a dusting to an inch of snow. You probably will have good beach weather, but you're far enough north so there's no guarantee.

Since your cruise is leaving from Charleston, you also should expect to encounter cooler weather on the first and last days.

Basically, I recommend bringing three or four pairs of shorts and swimsuits, a pair of slacks for cooler weather, and three or four couple skirts for the "casual" evenings, with tops that you can mix and match. Of course, you'll also want dress clothes for the "formal" evenings.

Also, be sure to bring a sweatshirt, a couple sweaters that will coordinate with your outfits (again, think "mix and match" to provide different looks), and a spring/fall jacket that you can wear over a sweater or sweatshirt for added warmth. If you get a couple extremely cold days, you can always spend them below decks aboard the ship.

Norm.