View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Hi there,
We went on Eclipse this year (probably the same one as you, Cork?) the ship was beautiful, the staff so helpful & pleasant nothing too much trouble. We decided to try all the restaurants (except Blu...we were too common!) this may have been a mistake too much rich food in a short time, Tuscan was our favourite, Murano was lovely but we found a bit too subdued & the dinner we hoped to have with matched wines was too expensive, something like $80/$90 each. Qsine was basically like a mezze with no planned actual courses but I felt was more of a lunch style than dinner, I liked it my wife didn't. One thing not to miss is Sunday "Brunch".. fantastic. The Captains welcome party was an occasion compared with the P&O offerings, as was the =X= version of the Portunus party. The one dinner we had in the MDR (formal night & well observed) was really good with good service, we had a table for 8, but that night the others did not show up (didn't inform staff), we chatted to a couple on a table for two by the window & told us we had a narrow escape with the tablemates, two families ....from shall we say ''North of Winchester'' who were noisy with unruly kids. We thought the shows were outstanding, as was all the entertainment we saw, the Martini bar was very entertaining, the hot glass show was very interesting but having seen it once it was enough. If it is Cork you are going to we found it a waste of time, Cobh is a nice little place to wander around.