View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindakk View Post
We've never cruised for more than 7 days but this one is 32 days! Add that cost to the airfare & we need some bargain tours/taxies, etc - not thru HA. We will hit all of the NZ main stops & some from Sydney to Darwin, so any recommendations for what not to miss would be so very appreciated? We love hiking (not too strenuous), nature, animals, culture, etc. Guess we love it all! Thanks everyone!
Well when you reach Wellington NZ I suggest you walk from the ship down to the main railway station (2 kilometres or so) where you can get on the city circular bus for a small charge and that will take you around the CBD for a while. I think they are blue in colour these days???

You can also get off at TePapa and visit the National Museum for a bit of culture then walk back to the ship along the waterfront or go down town??

Christchurch should be interesting after their 7.1 Richter Scale earthquake a couple of months ago??
The city itself is quite a distance from the port of Lyttelton so suggest you take the bus into town.

While in NZ visit the "info" centres which provide tourist info for free. The are marked with a huge italic "I" and there are normally signs that around towns that will direct you towards them.

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!