View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Beginner

Exclamation If you want a nightmare, cruise the Carnival Legend

In a word: Nightmare! What was supposed to be an 8 day cruise with 4 visits turned into Hell with six, COUNT 'EM 6!, sea days and only 2 days on dry land. What the cruise director reported as a severe "hurricane," as of Wednesday morning, October 13th, the National Hurricane Center reported "the tropical storm-force winds affecting Mexico [and the Yucatan] [were] forecast to diminish later Wednesday." (US Post Today 10/13/10) Regardless of these happy tidings however, Carnival Legend's own Captain Coward canceled the last remaining stops to Honduras and Belize. What is interesting to note here, is that a fellow Carnival ship that stopped in the Cayman Islands with us was able to switch their itinerary around and made all stops to Belize, Honduras, and Cozumel. The effort of the Carnival Legend's Cruise Director to fill in the (what seemed endless) sea time with fun, and at the very least entertaining, activities failed miserably. As an alumni sailor of Carnival ships I am severely disappointed and disgusted with the complete lack of customer service shown to me and my fellow guests. As a multi-billion dollar company I would have expected a more professional environment, especially a more professional presentation. The fact that my balcony looked like a decaying rust box did nothing to soothe my temper when I found paint chippings coming off the ceiling in to my drink and food. Can you say Health Hazard?!
Sponsored Links