View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2010, 02:07 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_the_cat View Post
The kindest thing I can say - Americans/Canadians/unionized workers/other non-third world countries are not used to having to actually work hard for their money.

They resent management from the get/go, they demand their breaks at certain times and if their area is busy - too bad. They are taking their bread anyway.

Speed for the most part, is what you do in cars - not at work.

I guess before everyone decides to yell at me I'll quit for now.
Just saw your post Felix,
What tree did you pounce from or did they take out your claws.
I live on Vancouver Island after many moves across the country and have worked for private and public companies, some union, some not , some global , some not , some family owned, some not.

I agree we have a lot of people trying to warm their pants but the vast majority of folks are hard working , trying to raise their families, give hard work and hours to their employers, send monies back to families who cannot realize the dream of working in a great country like Canada and the US.
In my field of systems, majority of extra hours we put in were not paid, it was to ensure we delivered what we promised and even the ones who were unionized found ways to work under the rules to ensure the employer got what was requested.
A lot of us came from different countries and have passed on these values to our children who in turn are hard working citizens.
So, enjoy the grass in the country you are blessed to live in. :o
Ask the chap on the cruise ship.
Web site: http://robbarcruises.wordpress.com/