Am travelling on the following itinerary on a cruise for the 1st time with family - 6 adults
Sun 31 Oct 2010 Barcelona, Spain 07:00 PM
Mon 01 Nov 2010 Cruising Cruising
Tue 02 Nov 2010 Naples, Capri, Italy 07:00 AM 07:00
Wed 03 Nov 2010 Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy 07:00 AM
07:00 PM Docked
Thu 04 Nov 2010 Livorno (Florence /Pisa), Italy 07:00 AM
07:00 PM Docked
Fri 05 Nov 2010 Villefranche (Nice), France 07:00 AM
07:00 PM Tendered
Sat 06 Nov 2010 Provence (Toulon), France 07:00 AM
05:00 PM Docked
Sun 07 Nov 2010 Barcelona, Spain 06:00 AM
A few questions for all the experts around here...
- I am booked in a balcony cabin. Is smoking permitted inside the stateroom or only in the balcony ?
- the 2nd day is only cruising... hope there is enough to do on-board as am travelling with fairly senior adults with me - my parents/uncle/aunt etc...
- Will i be allowed to carry alcohol that i would buy from dutyfree at barcelona airport on arrival ? I can probably put it in my checked baggage to avoid any detection.
- Since we are from India and my co-travellers are vegetarian, will i be allowed to carry any food items in the checked baggage to consume in the room?
- Will they have bathrobes in the shower ?
- I have already pre-paid the gratiuties with the balcony fare. Is it still required to pay 1USD for room service or baggage porterage ?
- I found all the shore excursions very highly priced thru the cruise. Any tips for the above shore excursions. I am fairly well travelled in europe before so just trying to save costs at every possible attempt.