View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma075 View Post
hey Scott thanks for the update...

- Hows the overall feel to the ship and the on-board service mate ?
- Any tips for me and my family ?
- How was the food on-board ?
- Did they allow u to carry water and stuff like that back on the ship after a shore excursion as i believe bottled water is quiet expensive on-board with all the VAT etc.
- Do they accept EUR or is it mandatory to pay in USD...
- I have already prepaid gratiuties in my cruise cost...any other additional expenses that I should factor in ?
- Which room did u stay in .. I am booked for a balcony... hope its good enough and comfortable...

Looking forward to your response, when convenient.
My review of the cruise is posted on the RCI board and in the Reader Reviews for Voyager OTS under RCI.

The ship was beautiful and the service was great. The food was good and plentyful. I believe you can have your onboard account in USD or EUR, onshore plan to use EUR. The only additional costs is the VAT onboard. They add 18% VAT to EVERYTHING onboard, every drink, every service, every souvinier, every spa service and anything else you can purchase onboard. They don't mind if you have a bottle or 2 of water, but don't plan on bringing a case of water onboard, they run everyone and all packages through security everytime you return to the ship. We had a D1 balcony in the aft corner of deck 10. Because it was in the aft corner, it was a different shape and slightly larger than the standard D1 balcony, we loved it and had a huge balcony. Read my review to learn more.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13