View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Hi guys, a woman (Janet) in my office went with Hurtigruten this year & had a fantastic time. As you have noticed they are postal service ships, so the itinerary is somewhat different to what you would expect, as are the onboard facilities & entertainment. But having said that, Janet, says that the service & food were first rate. She also got to go on a husky run, skidoo riding, meeting the locals etc.

The only downside was that they only had a few minutes of the lights in the week or so that they were away, and even those were quite pale. Of course, if the weather isn't kind, then you can't even be guaranteed that.
Having said that, Janet did say that the rest of the experience more than made up for the 'show'.

I know that I would be gutted if I paid all that money to freeze my "assets", and then not get the lights. How about flying out to Canada or Alaska? The larger ships out there may work out cheaper.

Alan & Katrina

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey