Everything was wonderful about this cruise :-)
We took RCCL Granduer of the seas from Miami (I think it was Eastern Caribbean, though at the time ports didn't matter :-))
Me, wife and 2 girls (7 and 3).
1) Taxi to pire and seeing the ship WOW! she looked beautiful.
2) Port of call - San Juan, PR
almost missed the boat :-)
7yr old developed cough which got worse with ocean air.
Spent the day looking for doctor in PR
, then took her to hospital and getting the medicine realized it was getting late, flagged the cab driver gave him $20 and said take me to pire as fast as you can :-) When we reached they were about to pull up the gang-way... Ran through gates on pire and got on ship. Caught breath and went to room.
3) After #2 when we went to cabin an envelop waited in the room with keys to a balcony suite upgrade free
took away all the stress of that day...
I had interior room which ended up under disc bar (little did I knew about room locations
). When I talked to service desk they gave me ear plugs.
Next night I asked if they can move us, they said to wait till next port.
Which is why after #2 they gave us free upgrade. Next day on 7yr was fine and enjoyed the rest of the cruise.
4) Wonderful food and watching sunset over ocean.
5) Watching my girls enjoy the ship, 3 year old enjoyed the most.