View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2010, 08:26 PM
Admiral

my favorite artists were Phil Perry ( a great singer of the classic songs and a great whistler) and Take 6 a gospel acappella group and Brian Culbertson (keyboard) and the legendary George Duke (who played with Miles Davis and the King of Funk in the 1970's)..everyday they would have Q&A sessions with the artists and I was able to ask several questions plus I attend a base guitar boot camp with Gerald Veasley (he played with among others Grover Washington Jr.) so I'm ready for the CruiseMate allstar jam session on the next CM group cruise playing base with Sky on Tuba..they also had a special performance of the Gospel According to Jazz Part 3, so we 1500 guest had "church" on Monday afternoon

everyday in the atrium would feature up and coming artists and then at midnight after the 2 main concerts there was an allstar jam session where artist that would not ordinarily perform together would get on stage and play

the most wierd thing to happen was on opening night Walter Beasley (a sax player heir to Grover Washington jr) bass player was electrocuted on the very first song and had to be hospitalized when we made it into our first port

I was blessed to have breakfast with Phil Perry and Jeff Lorber (keyboard player) and rode in the elevator with Layla Hathaway and was able to share with her how much I admire her singing and that I had the honor of attending a concert of her Dad, Donny Hathaway

the women outnumber the men 3 to 1 so needless to say I made lunch everyday on the lido deck near the pool:eek: