View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2001, 11:43 PM
Default Re: Suite perks on Celebrity

I think the best perk was not having to put my cases out the night before debarkation. I just told our butler what time we wanted to leave. A porter showed up at our door at the designated time. He took our cases an we followed him off the ship. Then he transferred our cses to another porter who took our customs declarations, cases and us through Customs and on out to the taxi rank.

Unlike HAL there is no free laundry nor a special dinner. You get a bottle of Michel Roux champagne in your suite upon arrival. The goodies come at about 4 in the afternoon. Your butlerwill also bring you cappucino or espresso to your suite if you like. It is free. But if you order it in the dining room or in the Tastings bar you do have to pay. Fruit is replenishned upon request. A floral arrangement will also be in your stateroom at sometime. You also get a navy blue tote bag.

FWIW - your butler has numerous suites to handle so don't expect him at your beck and call 24/7. On our last Galaxy cruise some pax treated our butler like he was their personal servant.

I am certainly looking forward to another Royal Suite .. only on Century this time.
Two weeks and counting!!!