View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2010, 01:28 PM
Beginner

Default ADVICE NEEDED: How To Go About Getting A DJ Job On CruiseLine???

First off I would just like to say that this site just made my week since i have been searching online trying to get information about hows the best way for a DJ to get a job on a Cruise Line for awhile now. Great Job People!!!

I am a 'newer' DJ...as in i have never had a permanent residency at a club, but have experience at Clubs/Events/Parties. Im the master at working crowds and keeping them in the mix.

BUT my only concern in that im a little to Mainstream for a Cruise Ship crowd. Top 40/Hip-Hop/House-Techno is my far my specialty. (Though I do have thousands of songs from other genres) I just never really get the demand for them where I normally spin. Detroit, MI.

So my main question's are:

What are what are the steps to take for applying?...I went to Carnival's Website and the positions didn't have Disc Jockey listed?

Is there Ships that cater to younger crowds more than others?...Preferably one with a Urban Nightclub scene and music style?

And any other advice anyone would have would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks MATES.
Sponsored Links