View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2010, 12:33 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthed0g View Post
Anyone who ignores the dress code of the evening is being rude & disrespectful. I would say that those who don't use the MDR just want to eat whereas those who do use the MDR wish to have dinner, one is a refuelling exercise the other is a social occasion. The bit people seem to miss is when cruise lines use the term "suggested" or "recommended" they are just being polite or diplomatic, hoping that their customers have the wit to realise. The old chestnuts about dress changing have been going on as long as I can remember, especially the jeans thing.
You're completely delusional. I am neither rude or disrespectful and I completely resent your implication. Out of respect for my fellow cruisers that do enjoy formal night I stay out of the main dining room. Whether I chose to pay for a specialty restaurant that night (Princess is smart casual every night) or order room service, or eat at the buffet is still dining. So if you consider a 10 course diner in Sabatini's complete with wine and champagne "Eating" instead of "Dining" then you're sadly mistaken. My vacation no longer includes formal nights, you're free to make your vacation to your liking.

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets

Last edited by Trackypup; November 3rd, 2010 at 12:38 AM.