View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Beginner

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1959 View Post
I have a spreadsheet that I now use as a combined planning & packing checklist. If you want me to send you a copy of my spreadsheet so you can edit and add to it for yourself, PM me with your email address.

The column headings are:

Category (Planning Checklist, Packing Checklist/Michelle, Packing Checklist/Ian)

Sub-category (carry-on, suitcase, clothes/tops, clothes/bottoms, clothes/footwear, totebag, neck organizer, etc.)

Description (skinny jeans, red tank top, black sneakers, etc.)

Take it - I put an x in this cell if I'm taking it on this trip

Get it - I put an x in this cell if this is something I have to purchase

Do It - I put an x in this cell if this is something I have to do (a "planning checklist" item)

Done/Packed - I put an x in this cell once the to do item is done or the packing item has been packed.

This is great as you can sort by a column to plan your trip. For example, when you check to see what planning things you have to do, sort by "do it" and then you can see what things (book rental car, book excursions, etc.) you need to do for this trip but didn't to yet.

When you getr closer to the trip and want to marck off which specific clothing items you want to bring based on the weather and travel location, you sort by Description.

If you want me to send you a copy of my spreadsheet so you can edit and add to it for yourself, PM me with your email address.

You can basically complete a "Template" of all things you might need to do or bring along for any type of trip, then as each trip comes up you copy it, rename it and edit it to be specific for that trip.

You can also have a sub-category for specific types of trips. For example, I hae one called "just for cruises" where something will only be checked off if they appl to a cruise (complete cruiseline online registration, plastic S&S holder, expired gift card for cabin safe, etc.).

Happy Cruising!

Michelle[/list][/list]
Hi Michelle,
Could you please email me your checklist? Thanks in advance.
Peter Martin
PM013@hotmail.com